Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Whirlwind

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind in the Thomas household!  Between planning Parker's birthday party, taking care of two little boys, cleaning, cooking, and my little photography business we are staying busy!  We welcomed cousin #2 into the world last week!  Noah Paul Helmintoller was born on August 25.   I got to go up and take some pictures of the new family of 4.  So much fun!  Here is my fave...
I know this is only 3, but it was past big sisters bedtime, and she wasn't feeling it at this point.
He looks just like a little Helmintoller to me!  They are back in the hospital with jaundice, so if you could say a little prayer for them, I know they would appreciate it!  

I have 2 photo sessions planned for the end of this week!  I can't wait!  I just love taking pictures.  Especially of sweet babies :)  If you don't follow my photography blog head on over to hopscotchphotography.blogspot.com and check it out!  You can also "like" my facebook page to see all of my latest photo sessions!

Ok, enough about business :)  Let's talk about Mr. Parker.  He will be turning 3 in less than 2 weeks!  I can't believe I am going to have a 3 year old!  He has been such a blessing to our lives.  I love being his mommy.  He definitely keeps me on my toes though!  About a 2 weeks ago, I took ALL of Parker's toys away for several reasons that I will not go into.  Let me just say the terrible 3's have hit our house FULL FORCE!  Love the boy to death, but he is a HANDFUL!  Ok, so back to my story.... I explained to him why I took the toys and what he must to do get the toys back.  Well, after 2 weeks, he has not earned his toys back.  So yesterday, he had been playing with a few toys on the coffee table for a while.  Well several hours after seeing him with the toys, it registered in my very tired mommy brain that all his toys were put away.  Where did these toys come from?  They were his bath toys!  I mean the child is sneaky! He is also resourceful!  The day I took his toys away, he turned a small photo album into a steering wheel!  Ha!  I made a mistake last week by  letting him pick out 2 of his toys he got back.  Of course he picked his tractor and trailer and his big Wal-Mart truck.  His FAVORITE toys.  Well, after that he did a few things that earned him more toys.  When I told him that he could go pick out a toy, he said, "No thanks, I have my big truck."  GREAT.  I just blew all the leverage I had!  The boy is too smart!  Love him to death though!  
Playing with his big truck.  The only toy he had at the moment.  Don't feel sorry for him.  Like I said earlier, that is the only toy he wanted!
Harrison is growing like a weed!  He is doing much better sitting up!  He rode in the grocery cart like a big boy for the first time today!  I would also like to add that I pushed the boys in the carts with the little car on the front.  I have refused to push one, but with Harrison riding up front, that was my only choice! It wasn't so bad after all.  It kept Parker entertained.  I wish I had gotten a picture with him in the car, but I forgot!  Anyway, Harrison is trying so hard to scoot.  He just can't quite figure it out.  He pushes up on his feet, booty goes up in the air, and his face pushes into the floor.  He did go up mostly on all fours today, but I still think we have at least a few more weeks before he starts crawling!  
Big boy riding in the cart!
I guess that is all for this family update.  I always have so many things to say, but then I forget by the time I get a chance to write it down. :)  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment