Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Harrison is 6 Months!

Harrison is 6 months old!  I can't believe it!  He is growing so fast.  We had his 6 month check-up and shots :( today.  Thankfully, my mother-in-law went with us, so I didn't have to be in the room when the nurse (or the shot lady as Parker refers to her as) gave him his shots.  He was a champ, but Mrs. Karen said he gave Nurse Jodie the evil eye when they walked out.

Harrison's statistics:

Height: 27 1/4 inches, 78%
Weight: 17lbs. 5oz., 50%
Head Circumference: 44cm., 50%

Harrison is 1 1/4 inches longer than Parker was at 6 months, but Parker was over 1/2lb. heavier.  I think it is so fun to see how they differ at each age and milestone.  Parker had 2 teeth and was sitting up by himself by 6 months.  Harrison doesn't have any teeth and is starting to sit up, but only for a few seconds.

At 6 months, Harrison is still as sweet as ever.  He smiles all the time!  He loves to laugh, stick his tongue out, make a motor sound with his mouth/lips(if that makes any sense), and he LOVES his feet.  If he is lying down, sitting in the bouncer, or his car seat, he usually has his toes in his mouth!  It is the funniest thing.  Food wise, he has tried avocado, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, green beans, pears, peaches, apples, bananas, and prunes.   He will eat it all, but he loves the fruit.  He is not too fond of avocado anymore.  So far I have been making his baby food.  I didn't make Parker's food.  So far so good!  It might get a little tricky now that he is starting level 2 foods.  As long as I still enjoy it and it's not stressing me out, I am going to continue to make his food.  We'll see how it goes!  He takes anywhere from 4-7 ounces of milk.  He is mostly wearing 6-9 month clothing, but he can wear a few 12 month things too.  He is not super chunky, but he is very long!  Must have gotten that from the extended family ;)  He goes to bed around 7 or 8 and sleeps till 4, 5, or 6!  Monday morning he slept till 8!  That was a welcomed change!  Hopefully he will do it again soon!  He usually take about 3, 1-1 1/2 hour naps during the day.

Harrison is such a laid back baby.  He just kind of goes with the flow.  If his bottle gets clogged, he will just suck away until I notice.  That happened today, and I didn't notice for several minutes!  He never fussed.  If Parker's bottle clogged, everyone in the neighborhood would know about it :)  I guess that's about it.  I will leave you with a few pics of my sweet 6 month old!




2 comments: