Wednesday, September 7, 2011

These Boots Were Made for Walkin'

Yes, his boots are on the wrong feet :)
Today, I took the boys to Boots & More to look for Parker a new pair of boots.  This was is first pair of "real" boots.  He was SO excited.  I really wanted Britt to go with us, but he couldn't get away from work, so we went without him.  Britt can be pretty picky with what he lets his boys wear.  He has Parker very well trained to distinguish if something is for boys or girls.  Which is the precise reason I wanted him to come with us.

Anyway, we walk into the store and a sales girl walked us back to the children's boots.  Parker has a extremely wide foot.  Most shoes, he wears an extra wide, and in some cases an extra extra wide!  I told the girl this, but she wasn't much help.  I just started pulling boots out of boxes and trying them on him.  Parker was having so much fun.  He kept saying, "Let's try on some more! and "Let's see what else we can find."  The first few pairs, Parker wouldn't even stand up because they were too small.  After about 4-5 pairs, I was about to give up, when I found a pair that fit.  I should have headed straight for the check out, but I decided to try one more pair on.  When I pulled the box out, Parker immediately said, "Those are for girls."  The box had a little purple on it, but I didn't pay much attention to it.  I said, "Not they aren't.  Let's try them on."  Keep in mind the sales girl is standing there watching us.  I told her that Parker has a complex about things that are pink and purple.  He thinks everything that is pink or purple is for girls.  Well, we tried them on, they fit, and we bought them.


We headed straight for daddy's work to get his approval before we headed home.  Parker was so excited to show Britt his new boots!  He kept saying, "I'm so exciting!"  Well, I kid you not, the first thing out of Britt's mouth was, "Those are girls boots."  I was like, "No they're not."  He then pointed out the silhouette of a girl on the box AND on the bottom of the boots!  Seriously???  I bought my son girl boots???  After Parker told me they were for girls and I denied it!  Who lets a mother buy her son girl boots anyway?  I mean did sales girl really not know that they were for girls???  I was not a happy camper.  So, we drive BACK to the store, I unload my 18lb. baby and 3 year old, and explain my predicament to the sales people.  Luckily, the girl that helped me was not there, and I got a very helpful man who made sure we not only bought BOY boots, but boots that fit Parker's extra wide feet.  Needless to say, boot shopping was an adventure, but as you can see from the picture, definitely worth it :)











No comments:

Post a Comment