Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Parker is 3!

Wow.  Parker is three years old.  My how time flies.  I remember people telling Britt and I how fast it goes by, but you just can't understand it until you have a child of your own.  Parker is growing up so fast!  I will probably be sobbing the whole time I am writing this.  I have a had a very hard time with this birthday.  Three just seems so much older than two.  I feel like he will be graduating from college next week!

I haven't really been keeping up with his milestones lately.  I am going to try my best to remember everything!

  • He is still a VERY picky eater.  He eats a poptart for breakfast almost every morning.  
  • He likes milk, tea, sprite, juice, and coke(when I let him have it)
  • He LOVES anything that is a diesel.  This includes trucks, trains, dump trucks, ambulances, tractors, school buses, garbage trucks, etc.... 
  • He can usually tell the difference between a diesel and a gas burner.
  • He also loves trailers.  
  • He has recently decided he can only wear brown shorts.  Sometimes he will wear kahki's, but usually, "they aren't brown enough"
  • He hates shirts with buttons.  It has become a knock down, drag out, fight to get him to put on a polo or a button up shirt.
  • We bought him a pair of "real" boots for his birthday, and he insists on wearing them EVERYWHERE!  *see picture below
  • Obviously, he still has blonde hair and blue eyes :)
  • He weighs 31lb. and is 36 inches tall
  • He loves being a big brother... most of the time :)
  • He calls Harrison HIS baby. 
  • He has also started calling Harrison "Harry".
  • He has started calling me Mama or mom instead if Mommy.  I have mixed emotions about this ;)
  • He can answer 1-7 of his catechism questions.  Last week he started asking me the questions :)
  • His latest saying is, "I'm good."  For example, my dad asked him if he wanted to drive the diesel truck, and he said, "No thanks, I'm good."
  • Cars is his favorite movie at the moment.
  • "The Lion of Sodor" is he the only Thomas show he ever wants to watch.
Yesterday I took him to his 3 year old check-up.  He did great!  They checked his blood pressure, weighed and measured him, he had to tee tee in a cup, and get his finger pricked!  He didn't cry once!  He was so big about everything!  We found out he has bronchitis, but other than that, he is a healthy boy!  I am so blessed to be Parker's mommy.  I love him so much and can't wait to watch him grow... just not too fast ;)

P.S. I know this post was almost 2 weeks late, but better late than never right???  

No comments:

Post a Comment