Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Harrison!

Happy Birthday sweet Harrison.  You have been such a joy the past year!  It has truly FLOWN by!  You are growing by leaps and bounds!  Here are just a few things I have enjoyed about you through the first year of your life:

  • I call you my sweet Harrison for a reason.  You are the sweetest little thing! 
  • Your smile makes me melt.  
  • I have loved waiting for each milestone to come.  Some have come earlier than i expected, and some much later than I expected.  Not that you are behind or anything, but I really expected you to start walking by 10 months!  :)
  • I loved hearing your sweet baby sounds and giggles.
  • You have the most beautiful blue eyes, and the longest eyelashes I have ever seen on a baby.  Yes, I am jealous ;)
  • I love watching you and your big brother play together.  Y'all are so much a like it is scary.  I am in big trouble!
Like I said, there are many more things I enjoy about you, but I don't have time to write it all down at the moment :)  

At one year old, you are:
  • crawling like a mad man.  You are so fast! 
  • climbing on everything.  You especially love the dishwasher, the fireplace hearth, and the step stool!
  • You haven't had baby food for a month or 2.  All table food for you!
  • You have 6 teeth.
  • You can say dada, bubba, mama, bye bye, and sometime I can get you to say "cheese" for the camera! 
  • You love bath time, but for some reason, you prefer to hold on to the side of the tub and stand the whole time :)
  • You take 1-2 naps a day.  Lately you have been taking 2, but I think it is because you don't feel good :(
  • We were suppose to go for your 1 yr check up tomorrow, but I had to cancel since you were sick.  I do know that you weigh 21lbs 10oz.  You are not a chunky monkey, but you are solid! 
  • You are down to about 2 bottles a day.  1 in the morning, and 1 one at night.
  • I love almost everything you eat.  Pickles, chicken salad, pasta salad, grapes, strawberries, chicken strips, hamburgers, french fries... the list could go on and on!
  • You are a pro at drinking from a sippy cup.  You have your own baby sippy cups, but you have no problem drinking from your big brother's cups as well
For your 1st birthday, I decided to have a small family birthday party.  We cannot fit a lot of people in our tiny house, so I opted for just family.  I wanted to have the party at this house since it will be your first and last birthday at this house :(  It is going to be a barnyard theme!  I didn't start planning until a few days ago, but I think it will still be cute!  Your Aunt Danielle your birthday outfit and I can't wait for you to wear it!  :)

Harrison, we love you so much.  We are so thankful we have you in our lives.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for your life!  Love you sweet man!

                                          






No comments:

Post a Comment