Thursday, June 25, 2009

Southern Miss To The Top!

Ok, I know it's a little late, but I will say it any way... I am so proud of the Eagles for making it to the College World Series! Britt and I drove to Omaha with his family Friday after work. What a LONG day. We left Batesville, MS around 7:30pm and arrived in Omaha around 7:30am! I offered to drive during the night, but only if they wanted to end up in Canada (yes, my sense of direction is THAT bad). Pulling up to Rosenblatt stadium was so exciting! Seeing little the ole Southern Miss logo next to all the other larger schools was incredible.

The story of the trip definitely had to be waiting in line for 7 hours to get into the first game! We felt so hard core. There was a group of Southern Miss fans in front of us and two slightly strange and annoying Texas fans in front of us. While waiting in line, we were able to see our good friends Scheaffer and Allison! They were lucky enough to have reserved seats. We tried upgraded to reserved seating, but that required getting in line around 5:00 in the morning! Britt's dad was interviewed by the local news in Omaha. That was pretty exciting. We also had our picture taken by an official Southern Miss photographer and a CWS photographer. They both told us the picture would be on the website, but I keep forgetting to check. Anyway, it was a long wait, but it was well worth it! We were able to sit in the very front row in left field. I won't bore you with all the details. I just want to say I was proud to be an Eagle before the CWS and I am proud to be an Eagle now. I HATE fair weather fans. I am also proud of all the other Southern Miss fans who showed up in Omaha. We had the most fans out of all 8 teams. Go Eagles!

No comments:

Post a Comment