Friday, April 18, 2014

San Fran Day 1!

We had a great time in San Francisco!  I am so proud of Britt for EARNING this trip for us.  He worked VERY hard all year, and it paid off!  Also, a big thank you to my parents for keeping all three kids while we were gone!

We left April 8, but let's start with the day before.  Britt and I spent several hours shopping for clothes and shoes to wear!  Neither of us had packed a single thing!  It was a late night... We left the house around 6:45 for the airport.

After some sitting, waiting, and some extremely rude and lazy airport restaurant workers, our plane took off and we were San Fran bound!
Our first plane was EXTREMELY small.  I was freaking out for a bit.  We made it safely to San Francisco though!  We had a slight hiccup when we arrived.  Britt's luggage got pushed back a plane or two.  Thankfully it arrived later that evening.

We stayed at the Fairmont.  It was a beautiful hotel!

Our view.
We checked in and got my bags settled in the room, and headed down(and I do mean DOWN) to Fisherman's Warf.  The hills were serious!  I was wearing boots with NO traction.  I probably looked like a granny creeping down the hills :)






I loved just walking around and seeing the different architecture and people.  The people are definitely different in California! ;)  We walked along the bay, did a little shopping at Ghirardelli, and ate dinner at a restaurant called Fog Harbor.  





My first impression of San Francisco was not the best.  I couldn't believe the number of homeless people we passed.  Especially on the bus ride to the hotel.  It is a beautiful city though.  I loved being able to explore and see new things!
Ghirardelli Factory!

Making the good stuff!



No comments:

Post a Comment